The Telco 2.0 Initiative researches and promotes new business models for the telecoms industry. Now in its sixth year, its analysis is highly influential worldwide with most of the major telcos subscribing to its research, attending its events and many taking advantage of its innovation services.
This special ‘primer’ workshop provides an up-to-date introduction to Telco 2.0 services and business models, latest best practice from around the world, and details of how to integrate these new approaches into the current organisation. (Background pre-reading can be found at our portal here.)
The workshop, led by expert practitioners, is tailored to the APAC market and provides high quality training for senior executives from all functions within telco organisations. Register here.
12.30 Registration open
13.00 Welcome, Agenda, Introductions
Host and Moderator: Philip Laidler, Consulting Director, STL Partners/Telco 2.0 Initiative
13.15 Operators’ predicament
- Latest statistics showing the challenge facing operators in the mature markets of Europe and Americas: implications for APAC region
- The double-edged sword of broadband
- Fundamentals, investor expectations and implications for future revenues
13.45 New competitors
- Pressure from all sides
- Key battle grounds in Telecoms, Media and Technology
- Analysis of the global strategies of the internet players (Google, Apple, Facebook, Skype, Amazon)
14.30 Overview of 2-sided business models
- 2-sided platform-based business models
- Applicability to Telecoms
15.00 Operators’ response – Telco2.0 strategies
- 'Happy Piper' and 'Full Service' visions of 'Telco 2.0'
- 6 key opportunity areas
15.45 Coffee Break
16.15 Examples and trends
- Case studies in Telco 2.0 (Telefonica, KPN, Vodafone, Orange, Verizon, Singtel)
- Status and developments
16.30 Implementing Telco2.0
- What do upstream (3rd party) businesses want?
- Why are operators finding it so hard to offer this?
- How to move forward?
17.00 Discussion and feedback
17.30 Close and networking
Return to the Agenda Overview