Why the Industry Brainstorms
Director, Major Operator
Vice President, Major Media Company
Introduction to 'Mindshare'™
- It enables a genuine 'brainstorm' with large groups of people.
- It is a structured and facilitated process that combines short (10 mins), specially briefed stimulus presentations with group interactivity. 25% of the event time is spent in structured, interactive debate.
- The interactivity is supported by collaborative technology - wireless laptops linked together by special software that allows anonymous and simultaneous long hand input and voting - much, much more than a keypad.
- This enables large groups to clarity issues, solve problems and create new ideas together.
- Our process focuses on generating practical industry next step actions on the critical issues around success in an increasingly IP-based world. We generate over 100 pages of verbatim market data and votes at each event.
- We conduct original market analysis in advance of the event, and support the build up to the event via our blog (www.telco2.net/blog) and afterwards on our online forum.
More Details on How it Works
Director, Major Enabler
Speaker presentations are designed to stimulate a debate as part of a structured large scale brainstorm. Presenters in each section of the brainstorm make up a small panel of 2-3 people carefully selected experts. We ask each presenter to deliver a short presentation (10 mins, 6-8 slides) on a very specific topic which is complementary to the others and which is bringing new insight to the industry. We work with them in advance of the event to define each slide to ensure relevance.
The audience (‘participants’) is seated at round tables of up to 8 people. After stimulus presentations in each section of the brainstorm the participants are asked to discuss what they’ve heard with those next to them and then feedback their thoughts anonymously and simultaneously, within a structured format, using brainstorming technology (wireless laptops + special software).
They can see other people’s input on their screens as well as their own, and all the data is beamed onto the main presentation screen too. This feedback typically takes 10 mins and results in 100s of comments and new ideas.
While this data is inputted, our team of analysts reviews it and discusses it with the panel of speakers. We pick out the key themes of the feedback and agree what topics are in scope and out of scope for a discussion with the speakers. Our facilitator then runs a panel discussion based on this feedback for 20-30 mins. As part of this process we also conduct open discussion with the audience and, depending on the topic, we sometimes run an instant vote to test the climate on controversial issues.
All discussions are captured and turned into a verbatim report after the event, which participants have access to. This becomes invaluable market data.
COO, Major Operator
Brand Manager, Major Operator
Vice President, Leading European Operator